Yesterday when packing for my upcoming business trip, I noticed for the first time that the beautiful scarf my friend Peg gave me for my birthday last year isn’t just a beautiful array of colorful flowers – the design features giraffes! How could I have missed that before? I got curious about what giraffes symbolize and found myself at these two sites for information: 1) Sun Signs and 2) Universal Symbolism. I will wear my scarf next week, inviting the giraffes to remind me to:
- Move slowly, deliberately and with grace, propelled by clear intentions, deliberate in my speech
- “Stick my neck out” and be there for my friends, family, colleagues
- Believe the ‘sky is the limit’, reach as far as can in my endeavors, putting my best forward
- Look far into the horizon, see how what I do today and the movements I make create my tomorrows, using my focus to choose the twists and turns on my path
- Allow my insight and prudence to lead the way, trust in my instincts and listen to my heart
And, I will wrap myself in the friendship that enriches my life. Thanks, Peg!