I’ve been consumed by work, focused on trying to capture my strategy in terms that different audiences might understand. Many times I’ve thought I must be speaking in a foreign language – and, in some ways, I am I guess.
I get an idea, and I sprint to capture it. Sometimes there are hurdles, and I seize my energy and catapult over them. Sometimes I find myself running a marathon. It’s all quite exhilarating – and, of course, challenging. With it, I see I’m stretching and growing – becoming a stronger runner.
Sometimes I run out of steam. Today I felt like I hit the wall. I’d been running a long time, thinking I was near the finish line. Seems, though, I mistook the half marathon finish as the end – reality is that there’s likely another half marathon to go before I can claim victory.
On a whim tonight as I was leaving my office, I pulled 212 degrees: the extra degree off my book shelf. I found myself encouraged. I think I’ll slow down my pace, but, I WILL keep going! Here are 7 little quotes with big encouragement from the book.
- Inches make the champion. ~Vince Lombardi
- Many of life’s failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas Edison
- Triumph often is nearest when defeat seems inescapable. ~B.C. Forbes
- Never stop. One always stops as soon as something is about to happen. ~Peter Brook
- You give 100% in the first half of the game, and if that isn’t enough, in the second, you give what’s left. ~Yogi Berra
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. ~Margaret Thatcher
- and let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. ~Galations 6:9